Patti, you’re creasing it.

1. Adistroyer says:

I think it’s probably odd that I find Patti completely unattractive without the port wine stain and really pretty and intriguing with it. Also I love the last panel so freaking much. Both Patti and Val have the best facial expressions.

2. Abandon says:

I have to agree, Patti’s facial expressions are absolutely amazing.

3. Bellar says:

oh man, Patti needs to just go out there and either be a gushing fan-girl or collect herself and play it cool; either way, those two need to do some interacting.

4. myles says:

Oh god, Oh god, I love Patti. I love her SO MUCH. Those two last panels, the dialogue, the facial expressions. SO GOOD. I sincerely Laughed Out Loud. Thank you so much for this.

5. Scott Bieser says:

Actually, I know a girl like Patti. Only she weighs 300 pounds.

• Meretrix says:

OMIGOD. Could you introduce us? Is she single? Does she like girls? :)

• Meretrix says:

EEEEEEEEE You’re THE Scott Beiser! I’m a retard! There’s no way to delete these! Aaauugh!

I love you. I’m sorry I’m a moron. Gotta go hide somewhere and die now, bye.

• Osten says:

*laughs*

• ColdFrog says:

Hehehe, your crazy fangirlism has made me check out a new comic that I’m going to spend way more time than I have on. Thanks a lot :P Only really thanks, because it’s an awesome comic.

• Meretrix says:

Wow. On rereading this, I sounded exactly like Numbers, didn’t I? That would be hot if I didn’t still feel like a dork.

He did Roswell, TX as well. You really, really need to read that.

6. Maritza says:

Templar, AZ. Where diminute men get squealing fangirls. XD

7. Cyanmanta says:

Have we ever been told exactly how tall Ben is? I know in a few panels in earlier chapters you can see him head-to-toe, and in those he really does look amazingly tiny. But he still seems to blend in pretty well with the rest of the cast most of the time. I guess that’s just really clever perspective and angles at work.

• Ziggy Stardust says:

Remember that scene when Ben is walking next to Scipio? Hi-larious.

• Jonathan says:

If he was adopted from Asia directly, there’s a good chance he could be 5′-even or less.

• literatehyaena says:

I’m only half Korean, and as a fully grown adult (23 years old, and yes, I’m a man), I’m four foot eleven in tennis shoes.

I am actually still vaguely bemused that Ben is probably taller than I am.

• PreludeInZ says:

Yeah, we’ve been told how tall he is, his exact words are “Let’s call it five-five” on this page, http://templaraz.com/?p=318, incidentally only a few pages after Patti’s first appearance.

• Braharajah says:

So I’m a dude and I’m 5’5. And I’m not asian. Is it really that rare?

• PreludeInZ says:

I think the thing with Ben is that he’s also extremely slight (Spike has described him before as “body by Auschwitz”, which is a phrase that always stuck in my head), and that he tends to be surrounded by people who aren’t exactly small, Scipio and Reagan most notably, although Curio also comes to mind when it comes to side by side comparisons.

• Twitching says:

This sounds suspiciously like when I say I’m five two. And add “with shoes.” I am actually five one.

8. Ziggy Stardust says:

If Tolkien wrote copybooks, Ben would be in there. XD

9. Shirley says:

I think I am Patti, lol. You missed me drooling over Milholland at Phoenix ComiCon this year, but you were there for it the year before – and good thing, since that’s where I finally discovered TAZ.

10. December says:

And they both wear pince-nez glasses too! It’s so adorable!

11. KimmQuinn says:

Been lovin’ this arch, great stuff. Patti’s a great character.

12. George Spelvin says:

I really wasn’t expecting the pedophile angle.

Also, is Ben really that small? Does he have an official height?

13. enjoymoreradio says:

It’s a reflection on my preoccupation old paperbacks that I am simultaneously appalled at how Patti is treating the copybook, and appreciative of the great love she is showing it by packing it with her, and passing it through the wear of frequent use. It’s the Velveteen Rabbit of books.

14. Fidget says:

The last two pages have been stunning. The dialogue, the framing, everything. So good.

And seeing Ben next to Zora, whom he’s not much taller than, I always assumed he was pretty bitty.

15. Volkspanzer says:

I recall Scip referring to Ben’s stature as if it made him seem like a celebrity at one point. I guess he isn’t the only one to think that.

16. Yarrum says:

So bloody tiny! Like a toy version of a man!

“Am I a pedophile?” is a question I’ve once asked myself… but apparently they required IDs from all performers to prove they were 18+. Was still a rather disconcerting experience.

Also, I have to wonder what she was expecting Ben to be, a 6-foot tall hunk?

18. Nathan (Wilson) says:

This page is freakin hilarious. I’ve seen you at comic conventions a couple times spike, but I finally read your comic. I love it!