Blunt, isn’t she.

1. NFO says:

Blunt, yes…but with a hint of sympathy and some wisdom. I mean look at her she’s gone beyond her normal boisterous self and is trying to help.

2. Los says:

Y’know, somehow all the ways that she’s rough around the edges make her pretty hot.

3. I totally thought that said, “Dick-suckin’ coconuts.” Which makes no sense but is still funny. Ah, sleep depravity.

I have to wonder, in Templar, would the police REALLY care if an underage girl (especially one with a long rap sheet) was saying some guy made her suck his dick to be able to crash at his place?

5. Peztopiary says:

Depends how bored the cop is. Given the level of corruption, probably not a chance you’d want ta take.

6. John says:

I suspect that accusations would cause professional problems for Scip, even if no one could be arsed to actually prosecute it.

7. C. Mage says:

Doesn’t even matter if it was proven that he didn’t do it; Pippi can perform one serious act of character assassination if she feels like it…and she does, if what Reagan is saying is true. One could always hope that it’s Ray just being an alarmist.

And the problem is, Pippi is too broken to give a damn. Makes you wonder what part of it is worse, what her previous foster and real parents did to her to make her so screwed up, or her own brain for making things even worse. Either way, this is one serious train wreck and the damage may go one for WEEKS.

8. TQ says:

Who else totally wants a piece of Scip in that first panel?

I think there is something seriously wrong with me…

9. Chipmunk says:

While Pippi is a problem, and Ray being all sincere is nice, I think we are overlooking the fact that SCIP JUST CURSED! How often does that happen?!?!

10. Ultranima says:

Her expression in that last panel is just so telling. So unlike Reagan. I love it.

11. Buz Murdock, Tod Stiles' Space Marine says:

I’ve said it before, Scipp, you freaking dumbass.

12. AlmostLiterally says:

Oh God. Someone needs to kill Pippi and fast. This panel is basically my middle school home life summed up.

13. Typo says:

At least Scip would probably do all right in jail, for the same reasons he does all right as a bodyguard. At least in terms of physical damage–no healing those emotional scars. Poor boy.

14. ThunderGun says:

Send the Jakes after Pipi! I don’t know how, but it would be great!

15. norm says:

Man, I don’t recall ever seeing Scipio this mad. And I’ve known him since … since … since Spike started drawing him! ;)

16. Mary says:

Aw man Ray just gets more and more awesome.
    Also, HOLY CRAP that spells trouble for Scip. I have a big problem with the girls/women/anyone who lie about being assaulted, raped, coerced or whatever–not just because they’re lying, but if/when they are proven to be lying, it makes it easier for some asshole to say to a real victim, “Eh, you’re probably making it up.”
    Pippi is definitely a wackbag. I’ve known a couple people who had right and wrong pretty blurred in their minds. It ain’t pretty.

17. puck says:

I have to say that I’ve seen this page a couple times today in my reader and every time I stop and give it a good look. Visually it flows so well. The composition between the figures, all the great curves on Reagan, the hair, the expressions, and the dialogue bubbles. You really feel the push and pull of the argument in the composition too. Fantastic job, Spike.

18. crabbadon says:

wait… why’d he go to jail if she’s 17?