Chapter 4: Trouble Every Day, page 80

Chapter 4: Trouble Every Day, page 80

What a familiar face.

1. Furious Sterling says:

Calling someone “Mommy” while panhandling seems like an odd strategy, but then EJ is an odd guy. But hey, the Jakes haven’t killed him yet, so that’s good.

2. sisterscientist says:

Being called “mama” or any other variants by strange dudes on the street never fails to creep the hell out of me.

Also I’m a little scared of whatever EJ’s waiting for because no way can it be good.

3. Natalie says:

Sometimes I wish I was a Sincerist. This would be one of those times.

4. The Joker says:

So Biggs split? To add to Nathalie’s comment: yeah…leave it to a sincerist to tell EJ how he feels about giving money, hahaha! I wonder what atheist sincerists would tell street preachers, do I see another strip up for ransom on the topic? Anything that could tell us more about the “spiritual” landscape of Templar beyond Nile revivalists and Scip’s fascination with Buddhism would be interesting.

5. Void Hamlet says:

Too laid-back, too laid-back …

6. maritza says:

I’m guessing that the Elliots killed Marcus, and now Biggs is inside trying to cash something or other.

Marcus probably doesn’t have a checkbook or a credit card, but maybe he had some on him he stolen.

That, or Biggs is trying to rob the bank so they can split. That would be absolutely dumb.

7. Brad says:

That sincerist is seriously owning his sincerism. So brash.

8. r0b3rt says:

…I love that second guy’s response. I’m going to adapt it as my own.

9. Kat says:

EJ looks younger here. And I <3 sincerists.

The fact that I write it as "less than three" would only infuriate them, which makes me <3 them more.

10. Cute Bruiser says:

That … is a very interesting face on that clock.

11. Kodiak says:

YES! I love the Elliots. Well not really, being a bitter old heroinist and a lowlife thug with an attitude problem, but they are very well written and interesting. I sense something intense coming up again..

12. t3h fake says:

Girls with big tits don’t stay hobo very long. Unless they are kinda too scary to even be on the same side of the street with. Even they can usually hook up with some kind of creepy guy/white knight.

13. Holaved says:

EJ is NOT my kind of scum – neither fearless NOR inventive.

Hope he gets a whuppin’.

14. MonkeyShaman says:

Why can’t you just die?!

15. Bob says:

I like the Sincerist’s answer, and I like EJ’s response. He’s like “Oh. Okay. I can respect that.”

16. FAnboyCrazyTex says:

Templar traffic lights are different shapes! What a neat idea.

• Clare says:

So that’s what that is! Awesome.

• Halykan says:

Yeah. Technically, even the colorblind have no problem with RL traffic lights, since they’re stacked vertically so you can tell them apart, but it’s not a bad idea to add a bit of redundancy for easy recognition.

• FrankNW says:

No, the rectangle over the semicircle is just the clock-and-thermometer. In a couple of other pictures, clearly the time is shown in the rectangle and the temperature is shown in the semicircle below that. (I can see, however, where it could begin to resemble a traffic light when looking at it from a distance, as in panel 2).