02.0×054

02.0×054

1. Desdemonya says:

“good news only”. urgh. it’d feel like being on a perpetual high. but the kind you don’t want. like, being stuck in “the sound of music” or something.
    urgh
    but Ray is awesome, “can I touch you?” she’s nuts.

2. Rue says:

I love this page. The third panel is just perfect.

3. Nojh says:

Wow. A good news only channel. That is an awesome idea. I totally want that channel. Stuff like feel good stories. Community event advertisements. Local news that makes people actually want to be apart of the society they’re in. Brilliant idea!

4. HappyAbomination says:

I love what Ray says to Scip in the last panel, lol, I say the same to my friend.

“Why the fuck do I keep you around?!” XD

5. AlmostLiterally says:

I want a good-news only feed too, but I don’t think they would be able to find enough news.

• altengal says:

there is many feeds: the problem the good news feed is national level, and repeats every 30 minutes. the bad news only feed is city level and the 24 hour feed takes 28 hours to show.

6. Chris says:

One of these days Reagan is going to grab Ben and break something.

7. Dreaming Pixel says:

Regan’s eyes, panel 3. O_o

8. E.T. the Eccentric Type says:

No news is good news.
    Ergo, a good news channel seems kind of useless were the converse true.

9. Lurkily says:

These last few panels have been AWESOME.

Awe.

Some.

10. marielf says:

re-reading this thing for the, what, 3rd time? That last panel NEVER gets old. Priceless.

11. Mo says:

I love her exclamation there at the end. “Dammit, Scip, I NEVER Fuckin’ Liked you!”

12. simz says:

good lord, “happy news only” sounds like my salvation.
    the only reason i stopped watching the news is because it drained my will to live.

13. Danny Boy (London Derriere) says:

I don’t get too freaked out by politics or big disasters on the news. But I gave up on local teevee news after a spate of abandoned (or abused) kids, home fires, and local violence left me trembling.

14. Jason Thorn says:

Man I love that. You can just SEE the gears turning in her head, and suddenly Ben has brushed up against something that is Seriously Real to Reagan.

She probably wishes she’d been there.

15. Jenny Creed says:

As Douglas Adams said, what you have to consider is that news media are not in fact in the business of relaying news or telling truth; they are in the business of selling papers or getting viewers. Narrowcasting is frankly a brilliant take on taking this concept to its limit, with a selection of biases tailored for each customer and making no pretense of journalistic credibility.

I rather wish there was some alternative that would deliver news worth knowing, though. Like, Wikileaks seemed like a good idea until it was censored out of existence. Basically all we have now is what we can see with our own eyes and what people sharing what they see with their own eyes over the Internet, as far as they can be trusted, and as far as you can find out about it.

16. bbullock says:

I like how when Reagan says, “Can I touch you,” what she means is, “I’m going to touch you.”