Chapter 3: And a Stick to Beat the Devil With, page 8

Chapter 3: And a Stick to Beat the Devil With, page 8

1. Niterain says:

Jeez, Ben really has a thing for Seattle, huh?
    Why didn’t he go there? :P

• YourConscience says:

Fake Tracks, possibly?

• Amanda says:

Eh, anywhere’s better than Yakima, and the Seattle area’s a great place.

• Holly Dee says:

To hell with the Seattle area. It’s a hole. Heading south was the best thing he could have done. Though I imagine Portland would have been a good fit, too.

• theorphanxd says:

i don’t care what you all say, anywhere’s better than New Jersey!

• Djorra says:

Thank God someone agrees.

• Filthy Pazuzu says:

Eh, depends on where in NJ. I’ve lived on Staten Island, NYC, and that place is a god damned nightmare compared to some places I’ve lived in NJ. New Brunswick comes to mind. I liked it there much better than SI. And I’m sure I’d like living in some places in NJ much more than some small towns in the Bible Belt.

• Alyssa says:

I live in Seattle. If he took a train or wanted to catch a greyhound or something out of state from Yakima, he’d have to go to Seattle first. That’s where the Amtrak is and everything. Of course, that is what it is in THIS universe.

2. Josph says:

I think he put out the seattle sutff so that they would think that was where he was going. Remember how he so carefully “hid” the paper in the trash and the book on his shelf.

3. Jenny says:

I hope he paid someone in Seattle to say he is in San Fransisco or something, it’s not proper paranoia to leave such an obvious fake trail. . .

• wirrit says:

Heh. That depends on how smart they expect him to be, doesn’t it? Or at least, if they expect him to trick them that way or not..

4. Rabbit says:

Kitty gets his food microwaved? Jesus. So does mine.

5. sarielpg says:

don’t know why I haven’t commented yet ’cause this comic is frickin’ awesome and I have laughed out loud so many times. But I just gotta say…I have identical conversations with my cats when they mew at me. So classic.

6. Jonboy says:

This strip makes me a little sad. Patton here is very similar to my favourate childhood pet. A stuck up moggy called ‘Cindy’. Common as muck but behaved like one of those fluffy white super expensive cats. ‘A real talker’ as well, as my grandmother used to say.

7. thisfox says:

I have that same type of conversation with my cat.