Chapter 5: Intermission, page 17.

Chapter 5: Intermission, page 17.

Life ends at 30. Ask any teenager.

1. I spent my whole childhood thinking “I’m going to die any time now, because there’s no way I can be a teenager.” Now I occasionally thing “I’m going to die any time now, because there’s no way I can be an adult.” Then I remember that I’m 26 with a car, apartment and a steady job and Lord help me, I AM an adult.

Sunny’s an ass, but sometimes we all need a Sunny to yell uncomfortable truths at us.

2. Pikey says:

But… what’s *wrong* with drinking amaretto out of dixie cups? I *like* amaretto!

3. wet says:

I’m clocking out at 40 myself

4. Error says:

These days the twenties are pretty much a continuation of being a teenager.

5. rimedReason says:

Hell, ask anyone over 30.

6. Kenny says:

Wow, I just turned 30 5 days ago. It’s the first birthday I’ve had where I felt a fundamental change, and I like to think it’s one for the better. I too, play music but if it doesn’t go anywhere I still have a career going elsewhere.

7. zomg says:

Meanwhile, is Moze ever going to bring the subject around to his concerns about Gene’s family and how Sunny needs to get out of town? Probably not before about 250 knife-and-zip-gun-wielding Jakes show up … !

8. Scott Bieser says:

Oh, children, children. Adult life begins at 30 and ends at 50. After that it’s downhill all the way.

– Thus spake Bieser the geezer

9. Jason says:

I may have to grow older, but I specifically do *not* have to grow up. As my wife says, “I pay my bills and taxes, I am technically an adult. The rest is all me.”

10. Jenny Islander says:

You’re almost 30 and your band is still getting steady gigs? Why are you complaining?

11. Teri says:

As someone who is close to 50…I intend to see 100. I want to take stock of how the world changes in the century of my life. Should be either amazing or really, really depressing.

12. Jason Thorn says:

Hey, I’m 42, still got my hair, my eyes, my teeth, and my health. I’m not doing too badly.

• Savail says:

I’m in denial. I was told many, many years ago I would end up needing to have the first of what would be many knee replacements when I hit 20. And the right wrist thinks it’s funny to drop things and jerk spasmodically. Oh, don’t forget the medications preventing the blackouts. I’m 23. I won’t make it to 42 because when the zombies come, I’ll be fucked. Other than an impending untimely death at the hands of the undead though, you really don’t need fully functioning limbs to enjoy life; leastways I’ve got friends and known others in far worse shape. If you can still go for a walk on your own, you’re clearly doing something right in your life.

But those zombies…Hm, I s’pose I could always pull a Genki and grab a pair of skates?

Or just invest in survival ratios, a generator with lots of fuel, metal-reinforced doors, barred windows and enough shotguns and shots to last them out.

13. You’re back! YES! (I’m a little late, but whatever, lol.) I missed this story :D

14. Johnny Dingo says:

Life ends when you’re dead. All this crap that life ends when you’re a certain age is for suckers.

15. Gunslinger says:

Life doesn’t end at 30, but any shot at a serious career does if you haven’t already started…

16. Connacek says:

When I turned 40 I was talking to my mom and she said, “Well, it’s all downhill now… the years just fly by from here.” And I said, “I sure as hell hope so, mom, because if the next 40 years take as long as the last 40 years, I want off this planet NOW.”

17. bbullock says:

One of my greatest moments of wisdom, was this: “You know you are an adult, when you can eat ice cream for dinner, and nobody can stop you.”