Chapter 5: Intermission, page 8.

Chapter 5: Intermission, page 8.

These kids and their rock music.

1. George Spelvin says:

I wouldn’t have thought Goblin was that frightening.

• CM says:

She doesn’t seem to get along well with either Bo or his dog, though, and it looks like he’s having fun trying to keep them separated.

• tricksterson says:

It’s the little dogs you gotta look out for. They’re all psycho.

This is so true it’s scary. I’ve yet to meet a cat-sized dog (not to mention smaller) that wasn’t a neurotic serial killer in the making, hindered only just by physical limitations.

• George Spelvin says:

That’s because small dogs can get away with it.

Such homicidal maniac tendencies have largely been bred out of the larger breeds (or never bred into them). If a labrador or rottweiler or other large breed acted the way the average teacup poodle does, it would be off to the pound for the big sleep in short order.

Of course the way most small breeds get raised as surrogate infants instead of as… well… dogs doesn’t help them much.

2. norm says:

I think the thing is Goblin might emit … stuff … at any moment, without warning.

3. Samovar says:

Goblin hates all lifeforms except for the great and powerful Moze.

4. Mega says:

I love that last panel so much. You don’t even know.

5. Fidget says:

So, based on the silhouette, and the title page for this intermission, I’m guessing the lead singer is Sunny’s ex (from the Exes comic).

• Samovar says:

I’m thinkin’ Sunny’s ex is a good deal curvier, and her specialty is diesel.

Not that she couldn’t also be rockin’ the fuck out….

I only now got the second part of the lyrics – the “stroke”, not just the activity described, but sunstroke. :D

7. Fidget says:

What, she can’t do both? Also, that singer is plenty curvy, just not wearing bra. Hence, floppy tits.