No eye shadow on Nicky. He didn’t have a lot of prep time on this broadcast.

1. Ganurath says:

Tuesday is going to implode.

2. Pearle says:

Oh god, he’s even uglier in a closeup shot.

Also, it’s interesting that the gender switch of uniforms continues to title as well.

3. Jen Aside says:

A PUN. *drips blood* Yummy.

I can just imagine him saying that in upper-class English style, all the loathing present in a single word. XD

4. Cyanmanta says:

I’m… not quite clear on what’s going on. Anyone want to help my poor brain understand what it’s missing?

• CM says:

Nicky’s on a local gossip show, reporting on the recent conflict that sprung up in the Oarlock between some of Reclamation’s members, including Barney John, and some of the area’s resident sex workers (who had been influenced by Orpha’s stance on the matter). Judging by the image on the TV, it looks like a larger group of the city’s sex workers are protesting outside of what I’m assuming is Reclamation’s headquarters (the fence and gate appear to be made from salvaged materials).

• Cyanmanta says:

My confusion stems from the implication that this showdown is going on in the Oarlock, but that I didn’t think Reclamation’s headquarters would be located in that part of town. I’m sure we’ll all get the details in the next 2 pages.

5. Arvid says:

Showdown in ho town! Brilliant! :D

6. pinglederry says:

I wish we had a news station here that reported on all the news in exactly this manner of speech. It would make everything waaay more entertaining.

• Malex says:

Watch enough “E!” or MTV News and that shit will get old *real* fast.

• George Spelvin says:

I prefer my news programming to have less entertainment and more actual news, thank you.

I’m usually disappointed.

• pinglederry says:

I mean more in this specific, nonstop-gay-70s-drag-club dialogue, with this excitement. People on MTV and E! don’t actually talk like Nicky (except for Perez, but he keeps pretending he’s actually important). Nicky would probably bug me if I actually bought that he took himself at all seriously. FWIW, taking his totally accurate prediction in the next comic, my pet theory is that he’s actually pretty intelligent and can be perfectly serious, and this is a persona he uses to get out the street-level news in the most ridiculous way possible, so nobody takes him seriously.

7. Dotcom says:

Ug, Nicky. He has to be the most disgusting character I’ve ever seen in a comic. Every time I his mug I throw up a little in my mouth.

8. parkrndl says:

Wait. Waitwaitwait.

So Tuxedo Girl is a GUY?

OK, I think I’m a little grossed out now.

• Catherine says:

Man, if a boy with long hair is grossing you out, I don’t think this is gonna be your comic.

• Parkrndl says:

It’s not the crossdressing per se that got me, it’s the fact that I was commenting after the last comic that she’s kinda hot. I got no problems with transvestites in general, but if I took a girl home and found out firsthand that she was a guy, I might have issues. Point taken regardless… This is the kind of stuff I should be expecting here.

• Parkrndl says:

And I think I’m going with what you all said after this about “boy” being figurative, cuz it’s just more fun that way. (^_^)

• monsterzero says:

No, she’s just being addressed as a guy, in addition to being a-dressed as one.

See what I did there? Heh.

Even if she does turn out to be a guy, her hotness remains unimpaired.

• George Spelvin says:

I’m fairly certain “boy” here is short for “houseboy” which is the position / job that tuxedo girl seems to be filling. It’s not an actual description any more than a batman (the British term for the same job) is a bat or even necessarily a man (and certainly not The Goddamn Batman).

• tricksterson says:

Not much into roleplaying I take it? “he” is dressed as a man and assuming the persona of a man so it would be considered rude and foolish to refer to him as “girl”.

9. Catherine says:

Oh my GODDDD NICKY TIME IS THE BEST TIME.

10. Ms. Williams says:

unnnfh. Diva needs a friggin’ makeup travel kit. You gotta be fabulous at all times, Nicky baby.

11. Heather says:

Oh my god. The contempt that is *actually* dripping from the word “pun” in the last panel makes me love you so much, Spike. So. Much.

12. C. Mage says:

Now I know why Elvis shot that TV.

13. Louisa says:

I <3 you, Nicky. Seriously, I love that bitch.

14. norm says:

Nicky looks like this is the greatest thing to happen to him, ever, and he can’t contain his joy. Far cry from the jadedier-than-thou snarkmeister we knew and loved a couple chapters back. :D

Well, it looks pretty much like they’re the first newsgroup at ground zero, so he’s got reasons to be excited – plus he’ll have weeks and weeks worth of material just out of this one fracas.

15. George Spelvin says:

Maybe it’s only accidentally done to frame the comic properly, but I’m not surprised Orpha has a panavision aspect ratio wide screen television instead of the narrower standard 16:9.

16. Joanna says:

I love Nicky. I don’t know why. He’s just so awesome.
    (sorry Tuesday)